Legal Industry and Document Imaging: What Matters and What App Development Tools are Available
Document imaging in the legal profession
For a legal department, document management and electronic storage go hand-in-hand. It is important to comply with current legal regulations and still be able to retrieve documents in the future. Here are some problems that a litigation IT department could need to solve:
- e-Discovery: This is an internal, proactive system that can be developed in case of internal audits or litigation. The 9 stages of a compliant document ECM include: information management, identification, preservation, collection, processing, review, analysis, production, and presentation.
- Simple document viewing and editing: Scanned documents that are archived in a repository can be viewed in a central, web-based environment. Documents can be redacted and data can be extracted for use in a case or for record keeping.
Read our eBook on eDiscovery
Use cases and how Atalasoft can help developers
Atalasoft provides development components to build applications that handle many document formats including TIFF and PDF. Here are some of the additional use cases Atalasoft's SDKs make simple:
- Scan to Searchable PDF - Automatically extract data from scanned documents using an OCR engine and output a searchable PDF
- Auto Redact - Take searchable PDF and place redactions on content based on criteria of your choosing (e.g. any numbers formatted like social security numbers or credit cards).
- Permission Based Redactions - Automatically remove redactions with a password for different levels of clearance or privilege.
- Auto Linking - Automatically link to other documents in your repository whenever their title is referenced in any document.