The full error message probably looks something like this:
Could not transform licenses file 'licenses.licx' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0004 : Exception occured creating type 'Atalasoft.Imaging.AtalasoftLicenseException'
Could not transform licenses file 'licenses.licx' into a binary resource. (1) : error LC0004 : Exception occured creating type 'System.ComponentModel.LicenseException'
This compile error occurs when Visual Studio fails to embed a license file into the resource using a licenses.licx file. DotImage 2.1 and later will display a message box with details of the error. With DotImage 2.0 and older, you will need to remove or rename the licenses.licx file, and run your application for more details of the exception.
The reasons for this error are:
- A license file cannot be found
- Solution: Make sure the license file is in the correct place. By default this is "Program Files\Atalasoft\DotImage x.x\Bin". If the dotImage assemblies are being inentionaly loaded from some place other than this, then copy the license files there. Otherwise, fix the references.
- An invalid or corrupt license file
- Solution: Request a new license file using your serial number, if this does not work, please contact Atalasoft.
- An assembly version mismatch
- Solution: All of the Atalasoft assemblies must be the exact same version, check to make sure this is the case.
- Incorrect or misspelled entry in the licenses.licx file
- Solution: Review the licenses.licx file and see which entry is incorrect.