Some customers have come across a problem with getting our online ImgX demo working. We found that the problem is in IE and have a workaround to get it going.
Note: This is only a problem if the system already has ImgX*.dll files installed and registered in the System32 folder before viewing the web site.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the "Windows\Downloaded Program Files" folder. If you see any ImgX components in the list, right-click on them and select Remove.
- Navigate to the "Windows\System32" folder and look for ImgX*.dll files. Use regsvr32.exe -u to unregister these files on the system.
- Rename or delete the ImgX61.dll from the System32 folder. IE will install this DLL from the CAB file.
- Open IE and navigate to your Web Application. Now IE should display dialogs to install the ActiveX components.
- Use regsvr32.exe to register all of the ImgX*.dll files that were unregistered in step 2.
After these steps both online demo and local applications will work correctly.