This is the fullest list we have available of itemized release notes for 10.6.0.0 through 10.6.1.10 (NOTES FOR 10.6.0.0 are unavailable) here are the links for other major releases
RELEASE NOTES FOR 11.1
RELEASE NOTES FOR 11.0
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.7
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.6
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.5
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.4
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.3
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.2
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.0
PLEASE NOTE: a site redesign in 2015 lost all previous release notes... the best we can offer for earlier are notes in our Legacy Downloads page:
Q10413 - FAQ: Where Can I Find Legacy Downloads (Older DotImage Versions)
Atalasoft publishes release notes in our main site on each release in the following location:
RELEASE NOTES: .NET SDKS
However, the structure of these articles is not terribly friendly when looking for "What specific version introduced this fix/change" as you have to read each one separately and each one contains some "changes previously fixed".
This is a summation of each fix by version in one place for easy searching. You can use CTRL+F to search for a specific phrase or word.. or just browse them in order from most recent to earliest
Atalasoft Document Imaging SDK 10.5.2
DotImage 10.5.2.31284 (10.5, Service Pack 2 Release Notes)
February 10, 2015
The following features were added or updated in Atalasoft's SDKs in version 10.5.2
Web Scanning Redesign
In response to Chrome’s promise to drop support for the NPAPI, which our Chrome web scanning plugin was built on, we redesigned the control to no longer use this, soon to be deprecated, API. The new design relies upon the installation of a local service. The new service replaces plugins for all supported browsers and facilitates communication between the Twain layer and the browser.
To improve performance and to maintain support for IE8 and IE9, we provided new asynchronous overloads for all synchronous functions. The following table shows the new overload for all synchronous functions.
New asynchronous overload
Image.saveEncryptedLocal(format [,opts]) -->
Image.asBase64String(fmt [,opts]) -->
LocalFile.asBase64String(fid [,fmt [,opts]]) -->
LocalFile.asBase64String(fid[,fmt [,opts]], callback)
Note: This is a breaking change for IE 8 and IE9, the new overloads must be used. For all other supported browsers, we recommend the change is made to improve performance. If you are not using these functions, no action is necessary.
The new overloads simply take an additional parameter which is a callback function which will be invoked when the call completes. The old function calls are marked deprecated and will invoke a browser warning if used.
Updates To Pdf Reader Engine
The update includes improvements to image rasterization and extraction. We are now able to extract and rasterize many images which previously were unable to, without a loss of content. The update also includes changes to the text extraction algorithm, with a net positive gain in accuracy. The synthesis of white space between distinct, separate sections of text has improved, which improves text searching accuracy. Extractions involving glyphs with diacritic marks may introduce a new line that was not present in previous versions but will have no effect on the accuracy of text searching.
Problems Resolved in This Fix Pack
- Fixed an issue where rasterization resolution was not considered when importing annotations from a Pdf.
- Fixed a NullReferenceException when combining Pdf files.
- Added a configuration option to disable cache cleanup in our legacy web viewers.
- Fixed an issue with the WordDecoder displaying headers.
- Fixed an issue where the WebDocumentViewer sends many unnecessary image requests, under certain circumstances/issues.
Atalasoft Document Imaging SDK 10.5.0
DotImage 10.5.0.61849 (10.5, Initial Release) Release Notes
July 31, 2014
The following features were added or updated in Atalasoft's SDKs in version 10.5:
- Added PDF Forms support to Web Document Viewer
- Added drag and drop support to WDV Thumbnailer to reorder document pages
- Updated CAD OpenDWG library to version 3.09.01.
- Added support to read Exif metadata from previously unsupported RAW file formats.
- Updated BarCodeReader for lsSymbologvSupported output.
Resolved Issues in 10.5.0:
- Fixed issue with saving certain .tiff files that created empty streams.
- Fixed issue with saving .tiff files that were altering the first page.
- Fixed issue with reading tag values in certain .tiff files.
- Fixed issue causing some jpeg files to he opened by Raw decoder in AtalaImage.
- Fixed issue with WPF annotations not firing events.
- Fixed issue with WPF annotations throwing ArgumentOutOfRangeExceptions when right-clicked.
- PdfBounds properties were incorrectly documented as writeable.
- Fixed issue with PDF bookmarks created with PdfBox that were causing errors.
- Fixed issue with font resources being dropped when image resource are swapped out in a page.
- Fixed issue with PdfDocument throwing PdfException when the header is not at beginning of the file.
- Fixed issue when opening small images caused BestFit to work incorrectly.
- Fixed bug with annotation scaling.
- Fixed bug when OpenUrl is not on the first page.
- Fixed bug that allowed scrolling past the document.
- Fixed zooming issues that caused thumbnail flashing.
- Fixed bug requiring trailing '/' for scripturl property.
- Fixed pinch zoom performance issue.
- Fixed issue that did not allow fitting mode to be Best.
- Fixed bug that caused extra shapes to be added for annotations.
IE 11-Specific WDV updates
- Fixed problems with small thumbnails.
- Fixed WDV not respecting right-to-left languages.
- Fixed issue with incorrect property type definition that caused a Device.FileSystem call to fail.
- Fixed issue that caused scanning to hang with Canon LIDE 110.
- Fixed issue with using Acquisition CreateDeviceSession and calling Acquire with ThreadingEnabled that caused a NullReferenceException.
- Fixed problem with WebCapture using a variable that was removed in jQuery 1.9.1.
- Fixed issue that cause scanning with HP LJ M1530 to fail.