PLEASE NOTE: a site redesign in 2015 lost all previous release notes... the best we can offer for earlier are notes in our Legacy Downloads page:
Q10413 - FAQ: Where Can I Find Legacy Downloads (Older DotImage Versions)
Atalasoft publishes release notes in our main site on each release in the following location:
RELEASE NOTES: .NET SDKS
However, the structure of these articles is not terribly friendly when looking for "What specific version introduced this fix/change" as you have to read each one separately and each one contains some "changes previously fixed".
This is a summation of each fix by version in one place for easy searching. You can use CTRL+F to search for a specific phrase or word.. or just browse them in order from most recent to earliest
Atalasoft DotImage 10.3.1.0
10.3.1.59930 (10.3 ServicePack 1) Release Notes
September 23, 2013
- Upgraded GlyphReader OCR engine, includes support for 64 bit applications.
- Improved read rates and accuracy for QR and PDF417 barcodes.
- Added the ability to select annotations programmatically in the WebDocumentViewer.
- Modified the Java WebCaptureDemo to work with Tomcat.
- Improved TextAnnotation rendering in the WebDocumentViewer for all browsers.
- Added support to read Exif rotation tag from raw files.
- Added support to drag/drop thumbnails from one DocumentViewer to another.
- Added support for exporting and importing annotations with password protected PDF files.
- Updated RawDecoder to add support for more cameras.
- Added the ability to get an array of selected annotations from the WebDocumentViewer.
- Annotations saved with the WebDocumentViewer now include tooltip and name properties, added a configuration parameter which allows for saving of username.
- Fixed a bug where loaded PDF link annotations would have the wrong destination.
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would combine annotations when they were left selected on a recycled page.
- Fixed a bug where using PdfDocument.Separate() would result in some embedded images not displaying properly.
- Fixed a bug with resizing text annotations in IE.
- Fixed a bug with PdfDocument.Separate() producing invalid files, in some cases.
- Fixed a bug in the WebImageViewer that would cause some edge tiles to request more image than was available.
- Fixed a bug in IE7 where double-clicking an annotation would scroll the WebDocumentViewer.
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would cause image annotations to display improperly after the document was zoomed.
- Fixed a bug with the selection property of annotations created with the WebDocumentViewer.
- Fixed a bug with anti-aliasing in Silverlight.
- Fixed a bug with annotation selection in Silverlight.
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would sometimes throw an error after a page with selected annotations was recycled.
- Fixed a bug with serializing the SilverlightInkAnnotation class.
- Fixed a bug where some bitonal Silverlight images would get inverted.
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would show the properties of a text annotation while it was in edit mode.
- Fixed a bug in IE7 where resource loading for the WebDocumentViewer would raise an error.
- Fixed a bug where saving a PDF as PDF/A-1b with metadata would produce non-compliant PDF/A-1b files.
- Fixed a bug in the WebAnnotationViewer that would cause a "permission denied" error in IE 8 when interacting with TextAnnotations.
- Fixed a bug when saving a PdfDocument an ArgumentException is raised, for some files.
- Fixed a bug where saving an image in a Silverlight application would erroneously add an evaluation watermark.
- Fixed a bug where the PdfAnnotationDataImporter would not skip unknown annotations, when SkipUnknownAnnotationTypes was set to true.
Atalasoft DotImage 10.3.0.1
Feb 28, 2013
New Features / Enhancements
- Improved PDF417 algorithm to be more tolerant of skews typical when using mobile cameras.
- PdfDocument can now handle files with null object extra entries in dictionary.
- Added config option "scripturl" to enable manual definition of where the scripts will be located, for WebDocumentViewer.
- Fixed memory leak in DicomHeaderParser.
- Fixed ArithmeticOverflowException in GifDecoder.
- Fixed a bug with how RawDecoder handles corrupt files.
- Fixed a bug with the PdfDecoder and files with an offset header.
- Fixed namespace collision when using Ionic zip libraries with DotImage or DotPdf.
- Cancel is now respected in the PdfEncoder's PrgressEventHandler.
- License activation wizard is more flexible invariant of the local culture.
- Fixed a bug with the mobile WebDocumentViewer where annotation touch events were firing too many times, in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug with the mobile WebDocumentViewer where the annotationresized event was not firing on mobile devices, in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow jquery-[version].min.js to be renamed, WebDocumentViewer.
- Fixed a bug where a TextAnnotation could not be put into edit mode, in IE7 and IE8, when using the WebDocumentViewer.
- Fixed a bug when programmatically changing the size of WpfLineAnnotation.
- Fixed a bug where the points of a WpfFreehandAnnotation were not serializing correctly.
- Fixed a WPF bug where the SelectedAnnotationsChanged event was not firing, in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug with creating a self-printing pdf from pdf and then a tiff.
- Fixed a bug with WebAnnotationViewer and WebThumbanilViewer handling large files when AutoDragDrop in enabled.
- Fixed a bug where SelectedIndexChanged event was not firing, in certain cases, when using a ThumbnailView.
- Fixed a bug when selecting thumbnails, in ThumbnailView, with mouse selection.
- Fixed a bug with the text in a Winforms TextAnnotation or CalloutAnnotation not being visible, in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug with the Tesseract engine and BasicFontBuilder.
- Fixed a PDF/A-1b compliance issue with certain input files.
- Fixed an erroneous licensing exception when creating an AnnotationController outside the context of a viewer.
- Fixed a bug where a WingScan KIC import would fail if there was no index field UI.
- Fixed a bug with the AtalaImage Background property.
Atalasoft DotImage 10.3.0
January 10, 2013
New Features / Enhancements
- The Web Document Viewer component is now supported on iOS Mobile Safari and Android's Chrome.
- DotPdf can now import SVG drawings and you can add tabular data to any PDF with the new TableShape.
- WingScan can now read in the index fields associated with a repository and content type from SharePoint, let you edit them and include their values on the import.
- WingScan can be configured to import documents into SharePoint.
- The Assemblies have been simplified and some have been combined * to make deployment simpler.
This creates breaking changes please review the following articles closely:
Q10350 - INFO: Assembly Restructuring Introduced In Version 10.3
Q10128 - HOWTO: License an EXE for Deployment
- Made the PDF Annotation classes PdfLineData and PdfLinkData serializable.
- Make PdfDecoder's ReadRegion use frame if provided.
- Support empty Names in a PdfDocument.
- Made PdfTextPage search from the end when -1 is passed as a start position.
- Fixed a bug in PDF Font encoding.
- Handle Cancel in TiffEncoder's ProgressEventHandler.
- Made MergedImageSource serializable.
- Made BorderRemovalCommand serializable.
- Support CheckCharPos in barcodes that have their checksum in the recognized data.
- Fixed a bug in WebAnnotationViewer.DeleteAnnotations() when it is passed a list of all annotation.
- Fixed a bug to make IE9 Compatibility work with Web Annotation Viewer.