This is the fullest list we
have available of itemized release notes for 10.3.0 through 10.3.1 (Only major
and minor releases covered here) here are the links for other major
RELEASE NOTES FOR 11.2
RELEASE NOTES FOR 11.1
RELEASE NOTES FOR 11.0
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.7
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.6
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.5
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.4
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.3
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.2
RELEASE NOTES FOR 10.0
PLEASE NOTE: a site redesign in 2015 lost all previous release notes... the
best we can offer for earlier are notes in our Legacy Downloads page:
FAQ: Where CanI Find Legacy Downloads (Older DotImage Versions)
Atalasoft publishes release notes in our main site on each release in the
NOTES: .NET SDKS
However, the structure of these articles is not terribly friendly when
looking for "What specific version introduced this fix/change" as you have to
read each one separately and each one contains some "changes previously
This is a summation of each fix by version in one place for easy searching.
You can use CTRL+F to search for a specific phrase or word.. or just browse them
in order from most recent to earliest
Atalasoft DotImage 10.3.1.0
10.3.1.59930 (10.3 ServicePack 1) Release Notes
September 23, 2013
- Upgraded GlyphReader OCR engine, includes support for 64 bit
- Improved read rates and accuracy for QR and PDF417 barcodes.
- Added the ability to select annotations programmatically in the
- Modified the Java WebCaptureDemo to work with Tomcat.
- Improved TextAnnotation rendering in the WebDocumentViewer for all
- Added support to read Exif rotation tag from raw files.
- Added support to drag/drop thumbnails from one DocumentViewer to
- Added support for exporting and importing annotations with password
protected PDF files.
- Updated RawDecoder to add support for more cameras.
- Added the ability to get an array of selected annotations from the
- Annotations saved with the WebDocumentViewer now include tooltip and name
properties, added a configuration parameter which allows for saving of
- Fixed a bug where loaded PDF link annotations would have the wrong
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would combine annotations when
they were left selected on a recycled page.
- Fixed a bug where using PdfDocument.Separate() would result in some embedded
images not displaying properly.
- Fixed a bug with resizing text annotations in IE.
- Fixed a bug with PdfDocument.Separate() producing invalid files, in some
- Fixed a bug in the WebImageViewer that would cause some edge tiles to
request more image than was available.
- Fixed a bug in IE7 where double-clicking an annotation would scroll the
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would cause image annotations to
display improperly after the document was zoomed.
- Fixed a bug with the selection property of annotations created with the
- Fixed a bug with anti-aliasing in Silverlight.
- Fixed a bug with annotation selection in Silverlight.
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would sometimes throw an error
after a page with selected annotations was recycled.
- Fixed a bug with serializing the SilverlightInkAnnotation class.
- Fixed a bug where some bitonal Silverlight images would get inverted.
- Fixed a bug in the WebDocumentViewer that would show the properties of a
text annotation while it was in edit mode.
- Fixed a bug in IE7 where resource loading for the WebDocumentViewer would
raise an error.
- Fixed a bug where saving a PDF as PDF/A-1b with metadata would produce
non-compliant PDF/A-1b files.
- Fixed a bug in the WebAnnotationViewer that would cause a "permission
denied" error in IE 8 when interacting with TextAnnotations.
- Fixed a bug when saving a PdfDocument an ArgumentException is raised, for
- Fixed a bug where saving an image in a Silverlight application would
erroneously add an evaluation watermark.
- Fixed a bug where the PdfAnnotationDataImporter would not skip unknown
annotations, when SkipUnknownAnnotationTypes was set to true.
Atalasoft DotImage 10.3.0.1
Feb 28, 2013
New Features / Enhancements
- Improved PDF417 algorithm to be more tolerant of skews typical when using
- PdfDocument can now handle files with null object extra entries in
- Added config option "scripturl" to enable manual definition of where the
scripts will be located, for WebDocumentViewer.
- Fixed memory leak in DicomHeaderParser.
- Fixed ArithmeticOverflowException in GifDecoder.
- Fixed a bug with how RawDecoder handles corrupt files.
- Fixed a bug with the PdfDecoder and files with an offset header.
- Fixed namespace collision when using Ionic zip libraries with DotImage or
- Cancel is now respected in the PdfEncoder's PrgressEventHandler.
- License activation wizard is more flexible invariant of the local
- Fixed a bug with the mobile WebDocumentViewer where annotation touch events
were firing too many times, in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug with the mobile WebDocumentViewer where the annotationresized
event was not firing on mobile devices, in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow jquery-[version].min.js to be renamed,
- Fixed a bug where a TextAnnotation could not be put into edit mode, in IE7
and IE8, when using the WebDocumentViewer.
- Fixed a bug when programmatically changing the size of
- Fixed a bug where the points of a WpfFreehandAnnotation were not serializing
- Fixed a WPF bug where the SelectedAnnotationsChanged event was not firing,
in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug with creating a self-printing pdf from pdf and then a tiff.
- Fixed a bug with WebAnnotationViewer and WebThumbanilViewer handling large
files when AutoDragDrop in enabled.
- Fixed a bug where SelectedIndexChanged event was not firing, in certain
cases, when using a ThumbnailView.
- Fixed a bug when selecting thumbnails, in ThumbnailView, with mouse
- Fixed a bug with the text in a Winforms TextAnnotation or CalloutAnnotation
not being visible, in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug with the Tesseract engine and BasicFontBuilder.
- Fixed a PDF/A-1b compliance issue with certain input files.
- Fixed an erroneous licensing exception when creating an AnnotationController
outside the context of a viewer.
- Fixed a bug where a WingScan KIC import would fail if there was no index
- Fixed a bug with the AtalaImage Background property.
Atalasoft DotImage 10.3.0
January 10, 2013
New Features / Enhancements
- The Web Document Viewer component is now supported on iOS Mobile Safari and
altering context menus, changing the properties of an annotation, and changing
the current page.
- DotPdf can now import SVG drawings and you can add tabular data to any PDF
with the new TableShape.
- WingScan can now read in the index fields associated with a repository and
content type from SharePoint, let you edit them and include their values on the
- WingScan can be configured to import documents into SharePoint.
- The Assemblies have been simplified and some have been combined * to make
This creates breaking changes please review the following articles
INFO:Assembly Restructuring Introduced In Version 10.3
HOWTO: License an EXE for Deployment
- Made the PDF Annotation classes PdfLineData and PdfLinkData
- Make PdfDecoder's ReadRegion use frame if provided.
- Support empty Names in a PdfDocument.
- Made PdfTextPage search from the end when -1 is passed as a start
- Fixed a bug in PDF Font encoding.
- Handle Cancel in TiffEncoder's ProgressEventHandler.
- Made MergedImageSource serializable.
- Made BorderRemovalCommand serializable.
- Support CheckCharPos in barcodes that have their checksum in the recognized
- Fixed a bug in WebAnnotationViewer.DeleteAnnotations() when it is passed a
list of all annotation.
- Fixed a bug to make IE9 Compatibility work with Web Annotation
Q10483 - INFO: 10.3 Full Release Notes