NOTE: this article refers to our .NET Imaging SDKs (DotImage, DotTwain, WingScan, and DotPdf)
- Download the latest version from our website (http://www.atalasoft.com/download/)
- Install the latest DotImage, be sure to re-activate your keys so that your licenses are also upgraded.
- Open up your solution, double check that you are referencing the newer versions by looking at the properties of the Atalasoft.dotImage reference and checking that the versions match what was installed in the bin sub-folder of the product installation folder. If not, be sure to reference the newer version for Atalasoft.dotImage and the other assemblies that depend on it such as Atalasoft.dotImage.WinControls, Atalasoft.dotImage.Jpeg2000, etc.
- Web Applications using WebDocumentViewer
- Web Applications using WebCapture (Wing Scan Web Scanning)
Classic Asp.NET web app using our legacy web controls:
- f you are using our classic ASP.NET web controls (WebAnnotationViewer, WebImageViewer and/or WebThumbnailViewer) and have manually defined a AtalasoftWebControls_ResourcePath in your web.config, you need to make sure to update the WebDocViewer resource files associated with the chosen directory.
They can be found in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Atalasoft\DotImage 11.2\bin\WebResources
NOTE: you do not need to copy the WebDocViewer and WebCapture subdirectories along for the ride though.
- Rebuild the solution
If you are having problems rebuilding, such as a type initializer exception, you probably need to update your references to the latest of all dotImage assemblies and/or have not updated your licenses correctly.
Q10041 - HOWTO: Upgrade to a newer version of DotImage (Also, covers DotTwain, WingScan and DotPdf)