- Browser-based Scanning - WingScan includes fully customizable browser controls that allow end users to submit documents directly from their scanners
- Easy installation -- WingScan includes a simple process for installing the Windows Service on the client machine.
- Browser Support - WingScan supports IE 8+, Firefox, and Chrome
With our WingScan product you can scan directly from a web browser - this improves security and enables end users to scan directly to a repository without the need to save locally first. It is accomplished by using a lightweight http server on the scanning computer that the browser can communicate with and a handler on the serverside. WingScan is a stand alone product with a streamlined viewer - however when you combine WingScan with our DotImage SDK you have superior web based scanning combined with powerful viewing controls to make capturing and processing documents effortless.
What users experience
Users will need to install a windows msi file so your application can talk to their TWAIN-enabled scanner. Why a http server? There needs to be some kind of clientside protocol that exists and browsers have decided to move away from NPAPI (More information on this move http://content.atalasoft.com/h/i/46510612-npapi-has-left-the-building-what-wingscan-users-should-know)
- Configurable options
- Optional Virtual Re-Scan (VRS) Automatic Clean up technology
- Automatically detects compatibility and directs user to installer
- Installs lightweight driver interaction application
- Enables web scanning as a possiblity
Serverside ASP.NET Handler:
- Used to provide custom functionality to the scanning control