Release date: 8/4/2011
Kofax Announced Release of Atalasoft DotImage 10 Software Development Toolkit
Irvine, CA, August 4, 2011 - Kofax plc (LSE: KFX), a leading provider of capture driven process automation solutions, today announced the release of Atalasoft DotImage 10, the latest version of its software development toolkit (SDK) for Microsoft .NET developers. DotImage 10 introduces several new capabilities that streamline the process of image enabling cloud based applications and reduce the associated costs and time of doing so for developers.
Atalasoft DotImage is a full featured document imaging toolkit for applications built using the .NET Framework for Microsoft Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET and Silverlight. DotImage 10 incorporates controls to add zero footprint web document viewing and annotation support, enabling users to author layered annotations, and view and manipulate TIFF and PDF documents in web browsers without the need to download additional add ons or plug ins.
“Building web based applications that leverage advanced document imaging can be time consuming and difficult,” said William Bither, Founder and General Manager at Atalasoft, a Kofax company. “DotImage’s new capabilities allow developers to build custom cloud based applications that can scan, view and process documents and images with significantly less effort and cost.”
DotImage 10’s new capabilities include:
- New HTML document viewer: Developers can create a full page, zero footprint document viewer with smooth, continuous scrolling for viewing documents in browsers on PCs and mobile devices, such as an iPad, without installing any client software. As such, minimal programming is needed to embed the viewer into any ASP.NET or ASP.NET MVC website, or deploy to Microsoft SharePoint®.
- Silverlight imaging SDK: A large subset of DotImage has been ported to run inside the Silverlight client and other managed environments, such as Windows Phone 7, Office 365 and Partial Trust environments.
- Improved web scanning: Browser based scanning has been significantly improved with the addition of ActiveX TWAIN capabilities and included in DotTwain and DotImage Document Imaging.
- Barcode reader SDK: In addition to Code 39, UPC, PDF417, QR Code, DataMatrix and the rest of DotImage’s 1D and 2D barcodes, DotImage now supports AustraliaPost, OneCode/Intelligent Mail, Planet and RM4SCC with a new managed code engine.
DotImage 10 is now available through Atalasoft's network of system integrators and resellers or directly from Atalasoft.
- OCR SDK: DotImage 10 now supports the IRIS IDRS engine, which can process 137 languages including Latin, Greek and Cyrillic with add ons offering Asian, Hebrew and Farsi languages. It also offers zonal and page analysis support, and the IRIS Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) engine supports spaced and even touching handprint for all Latin languages.
For nearly ten years, Atalasoft has provided imaging libraries to help .NET software developers build document scanning, viewing, and processing into their applications by reducing development time, and eliminating expenses with fixed price royalty free licensing. The company specializes in zero footprint imaging technologies, allowing applications to be more competitive, easier to use and 100% web based. Atalasoft is headquartered in Easthampton, Massachusetts. In May 2011, Atalasoft was acquired by Kofax plc. For more information, visit www.atalasoft.com.
Kofax plc (LSE: KFX) is a leading provider of capture driven process automation solutions. For 25 years, Kofax has provided award-winning solutions that streamline the flow of information throughout an organization by managing the capture of business critical information in paper, fax and electronic formats in a more accurate, timely and cost effective manner. These solutions provide a rapid return on investment to thousands of customers in banking and financial services, insurance, government, business process outsourcing and other markets. Kofax delivers these solutions through its own sales and service organization, as well as through a global network of more than 700 authorized partners in more than 60 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.kofax.com.
Chief Financial Officer
Marketing Manager, Atalasoft
“Kofax” is a registered trademark in the US, the EU and other regions. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.