Release date: 10/20/2010
Atalasoft, a provider of solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, is providing a sneak peek of Vizit Social eXchange for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010, at this week's SPTechCon event in Boston.
Vizit Social eXchange fills an important gap in SharePoint 2010's social media platform by enabling micro-blogging about specific content. Vizit Social eXchange utilizes the SharePoint collaborative workspace as a forum for sharing thoughts and ideas about content, enabling organizations to let their content/knowledge base become a catalyst for innovation and growth. Vizit Social eXchange moves SharePoint 2010 closer to a complete Enterprise 2.0 solution.
"We noticed the SharePoint Notes infrastructure seemed to be targeted towards status updates," said Paul Yantus, President of Atalasoft. "We felt there was really no good solution for simply having a dialog about the content in the repository." Yantus continued, "It's not unusual to read an analyst report and agree with 90% of it — Vizit Social eXchange allows users to highlight the other 10% and share a different view. More importantly, Vizit Social eXchange engages the entire workgroup around new thoughts and ideas, truly accelerating collaboration and innovation."
The Vizit Social eXchange for SharePoint 2010 is being demonstrated in Booth #304 at this week's SPTechCon in Boston. Atalasoft plans to release and ship Vizit Social eXchange in the 4th quarter of 2010.
Atalasoft is a provider of viewing, annotating, and image processing technology. Our products include DotImage, the number one imaging toolkit for .NET developers, and Vizit, SharePoint document viewing and enhanced collaboration. For two years in a row, Atalasoft was listed as one of Inc. Magazine's 100 fastest-growing software companies in the US and is a member of many industry organizations including AIIM and ARMA; we are on the TWAIN working group. Contact Atalasoft sales via phone at 866-568-0129 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.