In order to grant a folder the correct permissions for the ASPNET process, you need to follow these steps:
- Navigate to that specific folder through Windows Explorer.
- Right click on the folder and select Properties.
- Click on the Secturity tab (if you don't have this tab, follow secondary instructions below).
- Click the Add button.
- In the box labeled "Enter the object names..." type your machine's name, a backslash, and ASPNET. Ex: SERVER1\ASPNET
- Click the Check Names button, it should now be underlined.
- Press the OK button, and click on the newly created user.
- Grant the user Modify permissions by clicking on the Allow checkbox.
- Click the Apply button and click OK. The control should now be able to write files to the cache.
To turn on the security tab in Windows Explorer:
- Click on the Tools menu in Windows Explorer and select Folder options.
- Click the view tab, and uncheck "use simple file sharing" at the bottom of the list.