Barcode Reading and Writing Controls
How Barcodes are Used and What Developer Tools are Available
How are barcodes used in business processes?
We have all seen barcodes on the side of an energy drink can at the supermarket, but how are barcodes used in other custom software applications?
- Postal mail distribution facilities write and read barcodes at incredible rates to route mail to appropriate locations
- Indexing documents for archival and applying descriptive metadata - barcodes are placed on the first page of a document
- Page and Document separation - a well-known approach to place barcodes on a single separator sheet
- Data on a physical document - Information can be stored in a barcode that matches the form data so that the next system can read it and recapture all of the information.
- Mobile cameras - Barcodes are often used as the de-facto standard to say "point a camera phone at me and I will show you related content". Driver's licenses, website links, etc.
Developer tools at your disposal - .NET, Java, and Mobile SDKs
If you are writing a custom application, consider using Atalasoft's developer components to add barcode functionality. Our SDKs are simple and concise and provide accurate barcode identification as well as data containing:
- 1D or 2D text string- returns the string value of each recognized barcode
- The orientation of the barcode
- The start and stop character locations
- the rotation in degrees of the barcode read line
- the checksum test's results
We have three SDKs that give barcode reading ability for the Java, .NET, and Mobile platforms:
Atalasoft JoltImage for Java
Atalasoft DotImage for .NET
Atalasoft MobileImage for Android/iOS.
In addition to barcode reading, Atalasoft SDKs provide:
- Image processing - functions to change an images actual appearance
- Format Independence - no more worries about whatever file type
- Annotations - Collaborate using our viewers in HTML and windows forms
- Image Capture - From phone camera's to desktop scanners, we have the tools to get rid of the paper.