JPEG2000 Compression Codec SDK for .NET
An add-on to DotImage with runtime royalty-free options
DotImage JPEG2000 codec can be used to decode and encode JPEG2000 images using the Microsoft .NET Framework.
DotImage JPEG2000 Overview
JPEG2000 uses wavelet compression technology to compress photographic images further then any other available compression scheme. The codec is available as a plug-in and integrates with DotImage seamlessly. DotImage JPEG2000 is based off of Luratech's Lurawave.jp2 wavelet compression technology. Licensing is runtime royalty free for single named-user desktop deployments.
Standard Edition Features
- Ability to decompress JPEG2000 images stored in any compatible jp2, j2k, or jpc code stream
- Supports decoding directly to 8-bit grayscale, 24-bit RGB, 16-bit grayscale, and 48-bit RGB
- Supports encoding 8-bit grayscale and 24-bit RGB to jp2 code stream.
- Specify compression ratio (0 - 100)
- Lossless compression
- Integrated with DotImage's PDFEncoder to encode PDF images with JPEG2000 Compression.
- Runtime Royalty Free Desktop Licensing
Professional Edition Features
- Supports decoding to CMYK colorspace
- Supports encoding 16-bit grayscale and CMYK images
- Full Metadada support (IPTC, XMP, XML Box, UUID Boxes, etc)
- Precise control over the decoder and encoder settings
- Progressive Decoding Support
To use JPEG2000 or JBIG2 compression with DotImage's PdfTranslator, you can set up a delegate function, allowing the translator to select the compression based on the pixel format of the image:
private void PerformOcr()
GlyphReaderEngine ocr = new GlyphReaderEngine();
PdfTranslator pdfTrans = new PdfTranslator();
pdfTrans.CompressionSelector = new PdfCompressionSelector(pdfTrans_CompressionSelector);
pdfTrans.OutputType = PdfTranslatorOutputType.TextUnderImage;
ocr.Translate(myImageSource, "application/pdf", myOutputFile);
private PdfImageCompressionType PdfCompressionSelector(PixelFormat pixelFormat)
if (pixelFormat == PixelFormat.Pixel1bppIndexed)
See this article for saving non-searchable PDFs with different compressions:
Save a Pdf File with Compression
"DotImage is simply the best .NET imaging toolkit on the market. We have used several competing products but none of them are built around the .NET architecture like DotImage - so they are harder to use and more complex to distribute."
- David Cardinal, CEO, ProShooters LLC
"Working with Atalasoft has been 'awesome'. The Atalasoft support team was helpful in getting us familiar with the product. DotImage speaks for itself - the organization, the API, and level of abstration. Kudos to Atalasoft."
- Joe Aparo, Senior Developer, EBSCO
"Using Atalasoft's DotImage toolkit, we are offering a single yet scalable and flexible imaging solution to our customers, enabling them to utilize Image Connect across multiple applications as their needs change."
- Brad Kahnamoui, Product Manager, Thomson Elite
"The state is saving thousands of dollars per year and serving its constituents faster than ever. Our software maintenance cost went from about $7,500 annually to less than $300"
(After working with our customer Envoc)
- Marty Beasley, Manager of Geographic Information Systems, Louisiana Office of State Lands
"The Graduate School Office feels very strongly that this system has gone beyond being merely useful and has entered the realm of being necessary. It has allowed us a safe and long-lasting method for archiving student and other records which may need to be accessed in a timely manner. Our ability to view these imaged documents quickly has saved much in terms of valuable staff time which would otherwise be spent going through paper documents in storage cabinets."
- Sandra M. Powers - Dean of Undergraduate Studies, The College of Charleston