WingScan allows you can scan from a web browser - this improves security and enables end users to scan directly to a repository without the need to save locally first. It is accomplished by using a lightweight http server on the scanning computer that the browser can communicate with and a handler on the serverside. WingScan is a stand alone product with a streamlined viewer - however when you combine WingScan with our DotImage SDK you have superior web based scanning combined with powerful viewing controls to make capturing and processing documents effortless.
- Browser-based Scanning - WingScan includes fully customizable browser controls that allow end users to submit documents directly from their scanners
- Easy installation -- WingScan includes a simple process for installing the Windows Service on the client machine.
- Browser Support - Firefox, and Chrome
- Click here for additional Technical Specifications, API's and Developer Guides
What users experience
Users will need to install a windows msi file so your application can talk to their TWAIN-enabled scanner. There needs to be a clientside protocol and browsers have decided to move away from NPAPI (More information on this move http://content.atalasoft.com/h/i/46510612-npapi-has-left-the-building-what-wingscan-users-should-know)
- Configurable options
- Optional Virtual Re-Scan (VRS) Automatic Clean up technology
- Automatically detects compatibility and directs user to installer
- Installs lightweight driver interaction application
- Enables web scanning as a possiblity
Serverside ASP.NET Handler:
- Used to provide custom functionality to the scanning control