Atalasoft's PDF Reader with Text Extraction SDK allows Developers the ability to integrate PDF viewing, printing, and format conversion within an application.
PDF Reader with Text Extraction is an add-on to the DotImage SDK.
- An add-on for our Imaging SDK that includes an engine for converting vector-based PDF documents into raster (pixel-based) images
- Native PDF Viewing - View a PDF directly in a custom Windows or web application while embedding it outside of Adobe Reader
- Conversion - Convert from PDF to another image format
- If you're working with existing PDFs, you will need these controls
This SDK is needed if:
- You have an already created PDF and want to view it using DotImage
- You have created a PDF using DotImage and you want to view the PDF
- You want to view / highlight searchable PDF’s.
- If you are not sure, just ask!
PdfDecoder - Converts the PDF vector based programmatic image into a pixel based image for use with the AtalaImage object. To have PDF as an openable format using AtalaImage's constructor add a PdfDecoder to the static RegisteredDecoders.Decoders collection.
Supported PDF Reader Features:
Add high-speed viewing of PDF documents to your applications
- Convert PDFs to raster images in the DotImage viewers without the Adobe Acrobat SDK
- Print PDF documents using the DotImage printing components or by rendering onto a printer graphics object
- Convert PDF documents into any supported DotImage image format (multipage TIFF, JPEG, etc).
- Integrates with our web viewers for server-side viewing, panning, and zooming of PDF documents
- Extract all images from a specified PDF page to their native bit depth
- Specify a resolution to use when rasterizing the PDF for instant PDF thumbnails
- Supports CCIT G3, G4, Flate, and JPEG embedded images
- Support for PDF/A, JBIG2, and JPEG2000 compressed images
- Supports PDF Specification versions 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6
- Supports all font types: Type1, TrueType, Type0, Type3
- Supports all text rendering modes (full, stroke, clipping)
- Supports tiling patterns and shadings
- Supports all colorspaces: RGB, Gray, CMYK, ICCBased, Lab, Indexed, and Separation.
This SDK also allows you to search and highlight Searchable PDFs. If you would like to create serachable PDF's using Atalasoft SDK's you would need our DotImage SDK, an OCR SDK, and our Searchable PDF SDK (PDF Translator) add-on to OCR. If you also need to view and search / highlight after they are cretaed (or if you already have existing searchable PDFs) you would need our PDF Reader with Text Extraction SDK