Welcome to Atalasoft Community Sign in | Help

March 2010 - Posts

Why It Helps to Understand Pixel Formats

A pixel format in dotImage is a description of the depth, color space and layout of the memory used to represent a pixel.  Mathematically, there are an infinite number of possible pixel formats as color space is as much a space as Cartesian space. 
Posted by Steve Hawley | 1 Comments

When Optimization Pays Off

“ We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil ” – Don Knuth If you are doing image processing, you are firmly in that remaining 3%.  I had some code that I had factored into
Posted by Steve Hawley | 0 Comments

Solving Problems, aka, Nobody Codes Like This Anymore

When I was in college, I had a class in machine architecture/assembly language.  At the time that I took it, I knew 6502 already and had published two video games for the Apple II written entirely in assembly.  I love the drunken power of having
Posted by Steve Hawley | 0 Comments

Writing a Composite ImageCommand – Gamma Corrected Resampling

We have a customer who expressed some concern over how our resample command works (and how many similar commands work, in general).  He pointed us to an article here which describes the problem.  The short of it is that the energy in a pixel
Posted by Steve Hawley | 0 Comments